|09/12/2009 - by Travis|
|2007/10/08 -- So, looks like it's time to release ipacgui, a GUI front-end for ipacutil. It's essentially beta quality and ready for some additional testing. Here's a screen shot:
Also coming hopefully soon is an updated PS/2 version which hopefully doesn't require rebuilding the kernel.
Finally, I started a little work on supporting the PACDrive. It's very early, but looks like it shouldn't be too difficult.
Any feedback on the USB version of ipacutil would be great -- even if it's working great. I have only been able to test I-PAC2/4 since those are the boards I have.
I just placed the tar.gz ipacgui package up here. I haven't taken the time to add an installer yet, but I will do so shortly. This should work for temporary usage:
1) untar the package
tar -xzf ipacgui_0_3.tar.gz2) That should have created an ipacgui_0_1 directory in the current directory. Find the executable in there
cd ipacgui_0_3/3) Start the program
GUI for USB I-PACs: You'll need the ipacutil package as well.
Note: version 0.1 had a bug where reading some config files failed
Note: version 0.3 fixed a save-as/new bug as well as some warning messages
- Oct 13, 2007: I-PAC GUI 0.3 (tar.gz)
- Oct 13, 2007: I-PAC GUI 0.3 (Debian/Ubuntu Package)
- Oct 12, 2007: I-PAC GUI 0.2 (tar.gz)
- Oct 08, 2007: I-PAC GUI 0.2 (Debian/Ubuntu Package)
Command line version for USB I-PACs: this supports IPAC2/IPAC4/IPAC VE/MiniPac VE.
Note: version 0.4 fixed problems detecting new boards
Note: version 0.5 includes more cleanup (suggest using this version for now)
Note: version 0.6 includes some new config files contributed by Michael S.G. and a few cleanups
Note: version 0.7 now reads the board type from the config file so if -c is used, -t is not necessary
- Feb 21, 2012: IPACUTIL USB 0.7 (tar.gz)
- Feb 15, 2012: IPACUTIL USB 0.6 (tar.gz)
- Feb 8, 2012: IPACUTIL USB 0.5 (tar.gz)
- Feb 7, 2012: IPACUTIL USB 0.4 (tar.gz)
- Sep 20, 2007: IPACUTIL USB 0.2 (tar.gz) / Debian Package (i386)
- Sep 09, 2007: IPACUTIL USB 0.1 (tar.gz)
These files are here only for those who might have old boards. They will only work with 2.4 and older Linux kernels and very old I-PAC2s.
If you want to use this with 2.6 kernels and old I-PACs, you'll need a kernel patch and need to define ARCH_OTHER in the makefile (and comment out ARCH_I386). See Adrian Montero's website for more information. A big thanks to Adrian.
Command line version:
- Mar 18, 2002: IPACUTIL 0.25 (tar.gz)
- Mar 14, 2002: IPACUTIL 0.24 (tar.gz)
GUI (Gnome) version:
- gIPAC 0.1b (tar.gz) - coming soon